Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1, 2015-New Responsibilities and New Year's Celebration


Dearest Family and Friends,

            Happy New Year! I haven’t even wished you all Merry Christmas too! We hope that you all had a wonderful holiday with your families. We had some amazing events this month. Wow, December sure went by quickly! After the Christmas Walk and Messiah on Dec. 5 & 6 we went to work full time on the "Miracle of Christmas." We had only 2 weeks to get it ready and it turned out to be a great success! I posted about it before so go back and read our previous posts.

            We are now serving as the site leaders of the Visitor Center, because the Pincocks finished their mission and went home last week. We are in charge of scheduling the building for special events, making sure all the shifts are covered, showing films, giving tours of the Center, greeting the guests and helping them plan their days in Nauvoo.  We are also on the Public Affairs Committee, and are planning many future events throughout the year.

            We had a fun New Year's Eve celebration in the mission. Elder Broadhead, head of the teamsters planned it all. We had a barn dance down at the Facilities Management warehouse. Everyone brought finger foods, and treats- There was a talent show, and lots of group dancing, like Chicken Dance, Virginia Reel, Country line dancing, Hokey Pokey, Bunny Hop, and everyone had a great time. I sang with the band, and Elder Schultz played his bass. We had a piano, and guitar too. Of course we celebrated the countdown of the new year at 9:00 pm (which was current in New York) Ha! We are all too old to make it to midnight.

These are the only two pictures I could find.  Once Harry retrieves my other pictures off my old phone, I'll post them here.




These were our teamsters who sang that night. So funny! I will ask my friend Sister Watkins to send me a couple and I'll post.




We surely love you all, and look forward to seeing you next fall! Or sooner if you come, (hint)

Love Elder and Sister Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment